Monday, December 22, 2008

The Calendar

I just spent about five minutes staring at the large 2009 wall calendar in our church office. Several things seemed to sneak up on me this last year, and I am determined that will not happen in 2008. I was looking, telling our secretary which dates we needed on it, talking about other dates we needed to find out, and so on, and so forth. As I got up to walk past the calendar, I glanced at it one more time and reality (perhaps the Holy Spirit) smacked me in the face. Almost everything that will happen in life will not be on that calendar, nor will it be on anyone else's calendar, and I remembered James as he wrote, "Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and to this or that.' But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil" (James 4:15-16).

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I cannot bel'v it's year end!

SelahV said...

It's hard to plan life, isn't it, Cyle? selahV