Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In The Company Of Men (a.k.a., The San Juan Trout Rustlers)


Jesus spent the vast majority of his time on this earth with twelve men (a tax collector, some fishermen, no real theologians, and one traitor). I think he did it on purpose. I spent a week in the company of these trout rustlers up on the San Juan, and I'm looking forward to spending another week with them next Fall. Until then, I will walk in the company of other men for what I hope are some of the same reasons Jesus did. Christian men need other men to help them grow in Christ and to enjoy being a Christian man, not just a Christian. I do not believe a Christian man can become what God wants him to be without the company of other Christian men, and I sure can't be a pastor without the company of Christian men.

0 comments: