Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Step Closer

God has granted me a rare gift for a full-time pastor. It is rare that I get to have an ongoing conversation with someone who is an atheist. But, I have been having a conversation with a man who does not believe in God. He is under no illusion about where I am headed, and I am completely honest with him about my desire for him to believe. He is not new to this. I am not the first Christian to attempt to convince him to believe. At first, he was an atheist. "There is no God," he said confidently. Well, several conversations later, I found out what I suspected. He does believe there is a God, but he is not ready to believe in the one true God. My hope and prayer is that he will. And, until that day, I am thankful for this step. If you pray, pray for me that I will be wise and faithful, and that I will love this man as God loves Him. If you pray, pray for him, that all he will believe in Jesus Christ, the one who died for him.

1 comments:

Makarios said...

Good luck buddy.