Monday, June 22, 2009

Why I Am A Creationist


This may seem overly simplified, but here are a few of the reasons I am a creationist.


"My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Ps. 121:2) "Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Ps. 124:8) "Behold, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord, the Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!" (Ps. 134) "And You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands." (Heb. 1:10)


I do not believe that God created the earth as the Bible says just so that I can be right, or legalistic, or conservative. I also believe it because the foundation of my hope is laid in the foundations of the world, that God Himself laid them down and then scattered the heavens with His Word, and I trust that He did that. If I doubt He created the World as He said, then I must be willing to doubt what Jesus said. I do not doubt Jesus, nor do I doubt the Father. While there may be wiggle room for some in believing that the days of Genesis were figurative, believing such does not strengthen my faith. It weakens it. Perhaps my faith is too immature, too uneducated to accurately dissect His Word, but I find more in the Word that commands us to believe than to doubt. And, I have found that believing results in the transformation of my heart and life. Doubting does not.

0 comments: