Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best Father's Day Gift

I want a pair of astronomical binoculars. If you're wondering what I want for Father's Day this year, that's it.  They are these huge binoculars that are about three times as big as a standard set of terrestrial binoculars. They are so heavy that you just about have to mount them on a tripod. You use them to look at the moon, stars, galaxies and other night time objects in the sky. Last year I don't remember what I wanted, but the year before it was an iPhone.  What I really want, though, is to be a man of honor, integrity, one who brings honor, not shame, to my God, my church, and my family. 

You can give me a gun, binoculars, or a phone, but you can't give me what I want and need the most, but God can, and He said He wants to.  So, for the next thirty days, will you join me in praying for men.  We'll pray right through Father's Day, and on to the end of the month.  Each day I'll post a Biblical prayer for us to pray. Here, let's warm up today . . .

Father in Heaven, you are the perfect Father. You have loved us perfectly. Thank You, Father. Help us now to pray. Make us desperate for You in prayer. Make us believe that we can do nothing apart from You, and that we must pray.  Father, we commit to You to pray for the men in our lives, fathers, brothers, sons, pastors, and friends.  May this month be a month of revival for men.  In the name of Your Son, Jesus, I pray.

0 comments: