Monday, November 28, 2011

I Caught 81 Fish Tonight


About two months ago I mentioned that I was planning a fishing trip. Well, tonight I took it. I had a great time. In just a few hours I caught 81 fish. Actually, I caught the same 9 fish 9 times. And, I never had to leave the comfort of my study in my house. I went fishing in my aquarium. The fish are a little worn out, but I had a great time. It took little effort, and required only a small amount of time.

Revival services were good tonight, and it was so good to see people from other churches there. So, don't take what I'm about to say in the wrong way. We want God to use this meeting for His glory, and that includes touching other churches, but . . . having lots of church people in church and considering that a victory is alot like fishing in your own aquarium.

So, pray like crazy today for lost people to be in our meetings. Then, invite lost and unchurched people like crazy.  Not all of the people you invite will come, but virtually none of the people you don't invite will come.

Ask every person you see tomorrow to come to the meeting tomorrow night. Sure it's risky. It's like taking a fishing trip down a treacherous river, but it's exciting and the payoff is eternal.

0 comments: