Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Longing For An End And A Beginning

"For we know that if our earthly house, a tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. and, in fact, we groan in this one, longing to put on our house from heaven, since, when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. Indeed, we who are in this tent groan, burdened as we are, because we do not want to be unclothed but clothed, so that mortality may be swallowed up by life. And the One who prepare us for this very thing is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment. Therefore, though we are always confidence and know that while we are at home int eh body we are away from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- yet we are confident and satisfied to be out of the body and at home with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:1-8

I was reading this passage while listening to worship music on Pandora when the Shane & Shane song, played. Here are the lyrics . . .

Why since you've wounded my heart, don't you heal it?
And why, since you stolen my heart, do you leave it so?
Oh, this heart of stone.

Why don't you carry away my heart,
You have stolen and left here broken?
Why don't you carry away my heart, already taken?
Awaken


The dawning of a new heart where stone begins to bleed.
For the arrow of God that runs through me,
Leaves me in need, here in need.

Why don't you carry away my heart,
You have stolen and left here broken?
Why don't you carry away my heart, already taken?
Awaken


How long, how long, how long?
And how long, how long, how long?





0 comments: