Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Wonder If Heaven Is Like

Sometimes it's an odor. Sometimes a snapshot. Sometimes it is a voice that is so similar to one we haven't heard, one that we will never hear again, that we are transported back to another time. Some of those times were difficult. The memories are storms we survived. At other times, though, the memories flood our hearts and minds with peace, hope, and a sense of wellness that is like a warm blanket on a cold evening. This blanket doesn't wrap around our shoulders, but around our hearts. It fills us with a sense of wellness and wholeness that we long for. I just saw the picture.  My mind fled to that time when the world seemed kinder, gentler, when I felt safe and warm. I asked, "I wonder if this is a little of what Heaven will be like?"

0 comments: