Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What Christian Maturity Is Not

Something dawned on me this week. It may be simple, maybe misled, but I was thinking about this. Becoming a mature Christian certainly involves caring more and more about what Jesus cared more about.  Here's what hit me, though. It also involves caring less and less about what Jesus cared less about. I mean, if it didn't bother Him why should it bother me?  If it wasn't a major focus in his life, or in his teaching, why would I want it to be a major focus in my teaching?  If it didn't bother him, why should it bother me?  And, if I want to help my brothers and sister become mature, becoming clearer reflections of Christ, then I want to help them major on the major and minor on the minors as defined by Christ.  So, if it wasn't a topic of Jesus' conversation, wasn't an issue with the apostles, it doesn't need to be an issue with me.

0 comments: