Monday, August 3, 2015

My Eyes Are Dry


But I have this against you:
you have abandoned the love you had at first.
 Remember then how far you have fallen;
repent, and do the works you did at first.
Revelation 2:4-5a
I'm thinking about this season at church and in my life. A month to pause and focus on Christ. A season to remember how far we may have fallen. A time to repent and do the works we once did when the risen Christ was the love of our lives. As I think, as I remember, I remember an old prayer put to song. A prayer that expresses the cry of a tearless heart. Maybe it is your prayer, too.
My eyes are dry
My faith is old
My heart is hard
My prayers are cold
And I know how I ought to be
Alive to you and dead to me
But what can be done
For an old heart like mine
Soften it up with oil and wine
The oil is You, Your spirit of love
Please wash me anew
In the wine of your blood
~ Keith Green
If you want to hear it, you can click the link here:

0 comments: