Sunday, December 25, 2016

New Year Resolutions


When these events were over, Paul resolved in the Spirit to pass through Macedonia and Achaia and go to Jerusalem. "After I've been there," he said, "I must see Rome as well!"
Acts 19:21

Some people make them. Some don't. Few keep them, but I think it's a good thing to make New Year Resolutions. Paul resolved, after prayer and seeking the Holy Spirit's leading, to do something new in ministry. Now, just like our resolutions don't always work out like we think, his didn't either. But, if you never make a decision to change, you won't change. And, unless you're a airplane on the tarmac, you haven't arrived,  So, spend some time this week in prayer and thought. Ask God what resolutions you need to make for a better 2017. You only have a week, so you better get started.  Here are a my top four. The first two are universal - eat better and exercise more. By the way, I've already started those. The next two are pray more and read more. If I act on them it will be a pretty big adjustment to my schedule. But, I'm looking forward to them.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! 

0 comments: